- 1 cup semolina (fine rava)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 pinches saffron strands OR yellow food colouring
- 2 tbsps ghee
- 1/4 cashews
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Heat the ghee on low-medium and fry the cashews until slightly brown. Add the raisins and fry until they swell up. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the rava to the remaining ghee and roast it lightly until the aroma rises from it. Mix in the sugar with the rava.
- Heat the milk in a separate container, and start pouring it into the pot containing the rava while stirring consistently with the other hand to prevent lumps from forming. Also, add the **saffron strands or food coloring and the fried cashews and raisins at some point while stirring.
- Once the milk has been fully incorporated, turn off the heat and let sit for a while.
- Transfer to a flat plate and spread evenly to cover the plate. Let the mixture cool completely as it will solidify. Cut into diamond-shaped pieces and serve.
**If using saffron strands, leave it in a tbsp of warm water for a couple of hours before adding it to the mixture.