- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ⅓ cup salted butter
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 cups whipped cream
● Strawberry sauce
- 2 lbs of fresh strawberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line an 8 inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
2. Sieve flour, baking powder, 2 tbsp white sugar and salt into a large bowl.
3. Grate butter into a bowl using the coarse side of a grater.
4. Break the egg into a small bowl and add milk. Beat well with a fork.
5. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the beaten egg and milk. Stir until just combined using a fork.
6. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 400 F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool partially in the pan.
7. While the cake is cooking, slice the strawberries, place in a medium bowl and toss them with 1/2 cup of white sugar. Set aside.
9. Carefully turn the cooled cake out onto a chopping board.
10.Slice cake in half using a sharp knife to make two layers.
11.Place the bottom layer of cake on a large plate, spread with half the whipped vanilla cream. Place half of the strawberries on top of the cream.
12.Place the top layer of cake on strawberries, frost with remaining cream, and decorate with remaining strawberries.